Námestie Štefana Kluberta 7 , 054 28, Levoča, Slovakia
Status of Establishment
The regional prison was put into use in 1902 with capacity of 110 and in emergency cases 220 prisoners. It was in operation as the regional prison until 1949. In 1960, it was dissolved and used as a warehouse of the State Material Reserves. After almost 37 years, the prison was renovated and restored its activity by establishment of a remand prison on 14 February 1997. due to overcrowding of the accommodation capacity, on 1 October 2009 the prison and remand prison was established here for sentenced women included in medium guarding level and a temporary location of accused and sentenced men. On 1 February 2013, another transformation took place when the prison was profiled as a separate prison for sentenced women after adoption of organizational changes resulting from the decision of the Minister of Justice of the Slovak Republic.