Sládkovičova 80 , 974 05, Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
Status of Establishment
In the 70s of the 20th century, the construction of a new prison facility on the southern outskirts of Banská Bystrica, city district Kráľová began. This facility should have replaced the provisional facilities of a branch office of the prison in Banská Bystrica - Kotva, where convicted men included in the first correctional group served their prison sentence. Prison in Banská Bystrica-Kráľová was established by the Order of the Minister of Justice of the Slovak Socialist Republic on 1 February 1977 as the Corps of Corrections Unit in Banská Bystrica-Kráľová. From June 1979, sentenced men included in the second correctional group serve their prison sentences here. Until 1990, the capacity of this prison was 1200 prisoners. According to an amendment of the Act on Prison Sentence Execution, the capacity has been reduced to the current capacity.